Welcome to Colorado Campus Compact and CCCompact.org!
Below you will find a training guide to walk you through our new website. On our main left menu you can further explore Colorado Campus Compact, who we are and the work we make possible. We invite you to join our community in discussions, use our resources and learn more about CCC. Thanks for visiting!
CCCompact.org Training Guide
Over the course of developing cccompact.org, CCC has worked to incorporate member need into site design. Through the voices of more than half of our member campuses, and more than two dozen diverse CCC stakeholders, we have heard the potential of this website to support the commitment, collaboration and support that can strengthen our work. There is no doubt that the product is a result of your hard work to envision and work for change, we hope you enjoy it.
How to get started:
Create an account!
- In order to contribute on the site, you will need to take a few minutes to create an account.
-This will give you the authority to make comments, join chats, post events and messages, even share stories.
1. Click on create an account in the right hand corner of any screen
2. Type in all required information
3. An email confirmation will be sent to your listed email address
4. Use this link to login to the site and create a password, you are ready to go!
Fancy Feature: Your account will connect you to your university, highlighting your program and allowing members to access your contact information.
Sharing stories of service
- On the home page, you are able to view stories of service, click on each picture for the whole story.
- How to share your story of service:
1. Create a login or log in to your account
2. Click on the left menu item “Create Content”, then click on “Story”
3. Follow prompts to list a title, photo, school, address, even link to a video
4. Your story will be uploaded onto the map within 2 business days!
- View (or hide) events by category or program by clicking the appropriate boxes
- How to create your own event
1. Create a login or log in to your account
2. Click on the left menu item “Create Content”, then click on “Event”
3. Enter event details and your contact information
4. You are done-what you see is how your event will instantly appear!
Fancy Feature: the following 5 steps will show you how to use the site to send invitations and accept RSVPs for you event, they are optional…and pretty cool
5. You may now choose to use the system to invite and accept RSVP’s for your event
6. At the top of the page, please click a white button named, “Invitations”
7. Click “Create Invitations”, create a message to send and click, “Save invitation”
8. You may add email addresses from inside and outside the system
9. You may monitor or change any of this information at any time by clicking on your event and the white edit button at the top of the page.
10. The system will notify you of RSVP’s, confirm registration to participants and will also remind everyone before the event!
Fancy Feature: Upcoming events are featured, or “fed”, to a multitude of locations on the site, increasing visibility.
- If you have a question or resource to share, this is a forum where you can connect with other members
1. Log in
2. Click on “create content” and “Message”
3. Enter all requested information: subject, topic and message
Fancy Feature: it is an option to mark messages private, so that only other logged in members can access them.
4. After you click “Save”, your message has been instantly added to the site
- With more in depth features than the message board, the training rooms are designed for group collaboration. This expansive forum has the following features:
o Upload materials to share with a group, (some examples might include course material, such as curriculums and readings)
o Participate in live Chat Room
o Make comments
o Create unlimited training Segments
(In order to begin your own training, please contact CCC at 303-458-4193 for admin approval)
- This website function ‘feeds’ information from one place to another. For example, if a job is posted on the national website, it will appear in their ‘feed’ and is then ‘fed’ to populate our jobs page. A composite of four or five strategic RSS feeds creates the page.
- You can subscribe to our RSS feeds, in which your medium of choice (internet explorer, smart phone, website) will be ‘fed’ our latest and greatest. Find out more about RSS Feeds here.
1. Click on the top right RSS logo
2. Click on the feed to which you would like to subscribe
3. Follow directions to subscribe with the method of your choice (internet explorer and igoogle have easy options to view these subscriptions)